Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bangers and Mash

British food Saturday! There's something very comforting about this little tradition I've created for myself. There won't be any new episodes of Doctor Who until next year but BBC America is airing the new season of Being Human so I still get my Brit show fix.

Anyway, on to the food. I made Bangers & Mash this evening and it turned out quite lovely. Bangers & Mash is probably my favorite gastro-pub dish, and the simple name says it all: Bangers (sausages) over a bed of mashed potatoes and gravy.


I didn't do anything fancy, I even used a mix packet to make my gravy. I baked the pork sausages in the oven (15 min at 450) while I mashed up the potatoes with milk and butter. Everything got thrown together in a baking dish and then placed in the oven for an additional 10 min. (This last part isn't even necessary, I just wanted the sausage juices to run over the potatoes.)

Very simple, very delicious. Throw in some carrots and peas and you've got a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment