Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blender Is My Friend

Well it's not Saturday but nevertheless I found myself consumed by British television all night. I got a sweets craving around 9pm and had it in my head I was going to make some kind of British pudding. Unfortunately my kitchen cupboard let me down once again and I was lacking some crucial ingredients.

This was probably for the best because I also wanted to use up some peanut butter I'd had sitting around for awhile and I couldn't find a single bread pudding recipe that had peanut butter in it. Am I crazy? I think it'd be delicious addition.

Anyway, while I was looking up recipes I noticed a link for a chocolate peanut butter milkshake. I was sold. My blender had been tucked away in my cupboard all year and it was time for a reunion. The milkshake turned out beautifully, and really hit the spot.

1 cup vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk
2 T cocoa
2 T peanut butter

(This makes enough for about two milkshakes. I also added some extra peanut butter.)

1 comment: