Friday, July 2, 2010

Big Bird Cookie Fail



I bought some Sesame Street cookie cutters on Etsy last year and I decided to finally break 'em out and make Big Bird cookies. I used my mom's special ginger/sugar cookie recipe:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 T Vinegar
2 & 1/4 cup flour
2 t ground ginger
3/4 t baking soda
pinch of salt

If dough is too dry, add 1-2 T of milk. 8-10 min at 400 degrees.

Anyway, I rolled out the dough, and floured the crap out of the cookie cutter. It didn't make much difference. The dough got stuck in every itsy bitsy crack and basically decapitated Big Bird every time I removed the cutter. I got about 3 decent ones before I just gave up and made stars instead. Well, it's kinda close to 4th of July...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pamela-I loved this big bird cookie. It was buttery! I was thinking this might be good with almond extract or dashes of cinnamon in the dough. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love almond extract but I've never tried it with ginger. Could be delicious? Cinnamon would be good.

    ReplyDelete