Thursday, July 1, 2010

Little Debbie Cakes

There will always be a little place in my heart for Little Debbie. I ate them a lot growing up, I remember my favorites being Swiss Rolls and Zebra Cakes. The cakes were always packaged in pairs, and in my little kid brain it kinda felt like I was getting two desserts. (Ha! Victory!) Anyway, I ate these cakes so often that my mom saved the POP's and sent away for an actual Little Debbie doll. Wow.

I'm not sure if the quality's gone down or my tastes are maturing but I don't really eat Little Debbie anymore. However, I saw this Petites Red Velvet package and being obsessed with everything Red Velvet I decided to try them.

Well, "petite" is definitely the correct word. I finished mine in about 2 1/2 bites. It didn't taste too bad, very sugary though. The cream cheese frosting was quite good. I'm not sure I'd buy them again, but they might make a cute little accompaniment with afternoon tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment