Monday, June 28, 2010

BBC 1 & BBC 2


No, not the British Broadcasting Corporation. The Bisbee Breakfast Club and the old Bisbee Brewing Company! I recently visited these fine establishments, on the same day no less. The Bisbee Breakfast Club is located on Erie St, a road lined with old storefronts and auto repair shops. The inside was converted from an old pharmacy and soda fountain into a spacious loft-style restaurant. Lots of great light, and lots of wonderful smells emanating from the surrounding tables.
I had the Popeye, an omelet stuffed with spinach, bacon and cream cheese. I substituted my toast for one of their biscuits, oh my goodness. Heavenly. Look at the size of it! They had a variety of jams on the table, including an apple butter. It melted beautifully over my warm biscuit.


Now the Old Bisbee Brewing Company is located in the center of what you could call the downtown area. It’s very small and unassuming, the brew house is actually in a separate building then the tasting room. It opens at noon every day and there were already people lined up outside the door when we arrived. (Always a good sign.)

My friends and I sat at the counter ordered the sampler which included:


Scottish Red Ale
Pale Ale
IPA
Belgian Whitbier
Stout
Copper City Ale
Classic Pilsner Lager

I think my favorite was the Red Ale but I was pleasantly surprised by the Pilsner, it had a much richer taste then I’m used to with lagers. My friends all loved the stout, and it certainly was delicious, it had a very strong coffee aroma. If I was a more thorough blogger I would’ve asked what was in it, instead I just enjoyed.


I noticed that Old Bisbee Brewing Company also made their own root beer and I decided to try it after the sampler. Ok. I promise I am not exaggerating when I say it was the BEST root beer I have ever had. It was sweet and refreshing and very full of flavor. It’s one of those root beers I wouldn’t want to spoil by making a root beer float out of it. That’s saying a lot!

http://www.bisbeebreakfastclub.com/

http://www.oldbisbeebrewingcompany.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love the samplers! Looks like such a cleannnnn city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean, yes. City, no. Bisbee population: 6,000.

    ReplyDelete