Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Delightful Weekend


I ate a lot of great food this weekend. My weekend started with a trip to Beeline, a cute little restaurant on 4th Ave. I like Beeline for a lot of reasons, mostly being they have a rotating pie case stock full of mouthwatering desserts. (This is the same reason I love the Cup Cafe in Hotel Congress.) I think that pie cases needs to become trendy again. It tempts people who normally would shy away from desserts, and it also encourages a greater variety of sweets. (I hate places that offer a single dessert, like sorbet. Give me a break.) ANYWAY, back to Beeline.

I enjoy Beeline because they actually have decent beers on tap, and a lot of them. Kevin usually gets the milk stout, while I settle down with my Velvet Merkin. Beeline has a wide variety of meals as well, everything from fish tacos to vodka pastas.

I ordered the Black Bean Burger, soooo good. I'm at the point where I almost prefer black bean burgers to beef. (I know, sacrilege!) This burger had pepperjack melted over it and a southwest sauce, the bun was nicely toasted. It comes with homemade potato chips (which I like to dip in ketchup.)
My favorite dessert from Beeline is their salted caramel tart. It's not just the caramel itself that's salted, that is actually kosher salt sprinkled on top- not sugar. UNBELIEVABLE. The dark chocolate on top really compliments the other ingredients. Fun for the tastebuds. Yes.

On Saturday, my friend Rikki hosted a Pride & Prejudice marathon and I made one of my cheeseballs. (Cheeseballs are my new obsession, there will a blog entry forthcoming.) This one was "pink grapefruit" flavored and covered in sugar crystals. It was sweet, tart, and I will definitely make it again!

On Sunday, a friend and I split a bottle of wine, SKN Cabernet. This is the first time I've tried SKN (Screw Kappa Nappa) and I liked it. I don't know much about wine though, unless it's really rank I usually enjoy it.
I finished up the weekend with a fun impromptu barbeque, where I tasted a Saturn peach for the first time. Also, roasted veggies, fruit salad, and a perfectly delectable burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment