Saturday, June 19, 2010

Who's that at the door? A horse.

Within 60 min of showing up in Bisbee, Arizona my friends and I are in a bar. Within 20 min of being in said bar, a horse shows up. Pass the beer.

This is Hot Licks Saloon in Old Bisbee and the horse didn't stay long. I ordered Dave's Electric Beer because I thought it was local. Turns out it comes from Tempe, but the owner is from Bisbee? The details are kind of foggy but the beer was delicious.


Adjacent to the saloon is EAT Barbecue, a bbq stand that offered ribs, chicken legs, and pulled pork sandwiches. We got a goat cheese plate as an appetizer, sooo delicious. I ordered the pork sandwich with a side of corn and was very happy with it. Until I sampled one of the ribs. I soon wished I has ordered that instead! The sauce had this amazing black pepper kick to it and the meat was very tender. Oh well, next time.

I continued to eat well the rest of the trip. I got to the hotel room and the first thing I see are homemade cookies sitting by my bed. (This was at the Copper Queen Hotel, they also have fresh baked cookies in the lobby.) And today I started the morning with a hot chocolate from Bisbee Coffee Company. That whip cream on top is freshly whipped, not from a can, folks. Yummy.

I also visited a brewery and a breakfast place while in Bisbee, I'll tell you about them tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love that ;-) cute horse.

    But who puts COOKIES on a bed? Are these people not worried about bugs??

    ReplyDelete