Thursday, June 10, 2010

Miss Saigon



Last night my friend Matt and I ate at Miss Saigon, a local vietnamese restaurant. I'm nuts
for asian food and it's actually been awhile since I've had any. I ordered the Bun Tom Duong (think I spelled that right...) which is a shrimp and noodle dish over cucumbers and greens. I'm not sure what's in the accompanying sauce, but it adds a very delicious and unique flavor.

Miss Saigon also has a variety of Milk Teas, my favorite being the chocolate (of course). They serve the drinks in a plastic cup with a plastic film cover over it. I have never seen this before, and it's actually quite convenient if you take your drink to go (although not very environmentally friendly...)


2 comments:

  1. Bun is my all-time favorite Vietnamese dish, and I've actually made it myself. The sauce is called NUOC CHAM and here's how you make it:

    1 clove garlic
    2-3 Thai bird chilies, or 1 small Jalapeno or Serrano Chile (amount to taste)
    1/2 tsp ground chili paste (amount to taste)
    2/3 c. hot water
    1/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. fish sauce
    2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    2 Tbsp carrots shredded very finely

    Core, seed and mince chilies
    Mince garlic and chilies together until they form a paste
    In small bowl, combine minced mixture with hot water and sugar, stir well
    Add fish sauce and lime juice and combine.
    Float carrots on top
    Add ground chili paste to taste

    Let stand at least 15 mins before using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info and recipe, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete