Friday, June 18, 2010

Croutons & Soup in a Box


Tonight I had a simple dinner. I was watching the Barefoot Contessa and she had a whole show on leftovers. She cut up leftover bread slices and made these huge beautiful croutons. She then sprinkled them with olive oil and pepper and stuck them in the oven. I thought, I can do that! I usually don't eat the heels of bread so that's what I used. And instead of pepper I seasoned the bread with garlic powder since the soup also contained garlic. My croutons were soooo good, especially warm. I could've eaten them just on their own.

The soup was very pleasant, I'm always satisfied with Trader Joe's box soups. I usually get the carrot or the red pepper tomato variety, tonight was the first time I tried the black bean. It could've used more of a kick but that's just my taste.

1 comment:

  1. I love Trader Joe's EVERYTHING. I'll have to try soup in a box.

    ReplyDelete