Monday, June 28, 2010

Salad Wha?

Sometimes I eat salads! It's true. I actually love spinach, I like it in my salads and I use it in my sandwiches as a substitute for lettuce. My favorite salad dressing right now compliments spinach beautifully- it's Red Wine Pomegranate Vinaigrette with Dark Chocolate.

Chocolate on a salad? What?

It's actually delicious. The pomegranate and the vinegar cut the sweetness, and you're left with a rich cocoa flavor. This particular salad dressing comes from Ravenous Chocolate, a Colorado company that specializes in unusual chocolate products. I picked this up at the Boulder farmer's market last fall and I've been carefully rationing it ever since. Ravenous Chocolate also features flavors like Strawberry Champagne Vinaigrette and Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette with Dark Chocolate. I highly recommend!

http://www.ravenouschocolate.com/

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I am SO glad I found this... wow. Yes, I can believe chocolate in a salad dressing. This sounds absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete