Monday, July 12, 2010

Wienermobile, Part II


How was meeting the Wienermobile in person you ask? Like meeting a childhood icon and realizing you built them up to epic proportions and in no way could they possibly live up to your standards.

What exactly was I expecting? I don't know, I guess hot dogs. Even if they weren't free. Maybe a bumper sticker?

I pulled up to the grocery store parking lot where the Wienermobile website said it would be. There were a few kids around, most of them crying. It was hot out, and nobody was singing the "O I wish I was..." song even though the lyrics were prominently displayed. I didn't really know what to do- stand around and look at the mobile? I got excited for a second when I saw a sign saying "Get your photo taken behind the wheel!" But no, the "hotdoggers" informed me that was just for kids.

So I left. Dejected. I should've been satisfied with my wiener chase yesterday and left well enough alone. I drove to Wienerschnitzel and got my hot dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment