Monday, May 10, 2010

17th St Market



Just down the street from me, tucked away in a nondescript warehouse, is 17th St Market. It's pretty much the best place in southern AZ to find international foods. There's also a wide selection of local products, from fruits and veggies to bakery items.

When you first walk in the fishy smell is a little overwhelming and for good reason- 17th St has the largest selection of fresh fish in Arizona. I haven't actually bought any yet, but Victor the fish guy says he'll be there when I'm ready!

17th St is a little eclectic, there are international gifts dispersed throughout the market as well as a music store attached. I've heard rumors of cooking classes taking place there but I have yet to stumble upon one.

I love 17th St for a lot of reasons but my favorite thing is always coming home with a new discovery. This week's find? Dusseldorf style beer mustard.


No comments:

Post a Comment