Sunday, May 16, 2010

BBQ Season Has Begun


I went to my first BBQ of the year, hopefully the first of many this season. The weather wasn't too hot, and lots of good friends provided lots of terrific food. Pictured on the grill: bratwurst, sausage, corn on the cob, and I threw on some chile lime chicken burgers from Trader Joe's. Mandy also made carne asada, VERY delicious!


I made cocktail wieners with a special sweet/spicy sauce. The sauce is supposed to be for a meatball recipe but I felt like cocktail wienies were more fitting for a bbq. The recipe is really easy:

8oz can of Jellied Cranberry Sauce
3/4 cup Chilli Sauce
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice

The sauce is supposed to stew in a crockpot for several hours but I just let it simmer on the stovetop and added the wieners once all the ingredients had blended together.


Here are some of my other favorites from the bbq: James' peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies (he also made potato salad and carrot salad)


big juicy cherries (my favorite fruit)


And of course there were many wonderful drinks, Ian made Mojitos:



No comments:

Post a Comment