Monday, May 24, 2010

White Castle



I completely understand why some people don't get the allure White Castle. Steamed burgers?Soggy onions? Cheese product? If I hadn't grown up on White Castle, I probably wouldn't like them either. When I was a kid, White Castle was a "treat." Something we only got when we visited the grandparents because we didn't have White Castle in Northern Indiana. And because I came from such a big extended family, ordering was always an adventure. We'd have ridiculous orders, like 40 burgers, 20 cheese, 30 onion rings. And inevitably they'd get the order wrong.

In recent years White Castle has expanded their menu and I started ordering the chicken ring sandwich, and it's REALLY good. The chicken breading is kinda peppery and delicious. And the meat isn't the worst quality. My grandma ordered the fish nibblers and those were really good too.


Check out White Castle's website, lots of pretty pictures:

http://www.whitecastle.com/food/menu

Oh, and FYI: Don't get the microwavable White Castles, they don't taste anything like the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment